Thursday, May 21, 2009

El Salvador

I finally received my inviation and will be moving to El Salvador to become a Peace Corps volunteer in the Youth Development program. I am so thankful and excited to go to the country and I am very ready to begin to learn about their culture, language, and assimilate into their society.

I have had many talks with returned Peace Corps volunteers (RPCV) about what sort of expectations one should bring with them to their country.

And I would love to give you my expectations, but I am in Boston and I have to go look at revolutionary author's houses.

1 comment:

Going In Peace said...

Hey Grant!

Found you through the Peace Corps Journals... It looks like we will be meeting soon. I am going to be doing Youth development as well.
You should join the Facebook Peace Corps El Salvador group... I have met a few others there who will be accompanying us to Salvador as well :)

Good start on the blog!

Ciao for now,
Jennifer