Monday, November 7, 2011

7 Roses

This past weekend I proposed to my girlfriend!  I started to make plans to propose months ago.  More than 7 months ago my fiance and I went to Los Planes de Renderos for our first night out together.  We weren't even dating, we just went out to get to know one another, but since that day I have felt a very great and deep love for her.

Since the 4th was our 7 month anniversary, I wrote a poem for her called 7 Roses.  On the 4th I gave her the 1st rose and with every rose I also gave a little slip of paper that had a promise about what I want to be for her.  The real fun started the morning of the 5th.  We went to the botanical gardens in Antigua Cuscatlan and hungout and walked around the whole morning.  After we had a nice lunch near the town center and then we went to this place called World Games.  We went to this place for her birthday and we both just loved it.  They have arcade games, air hockey, and there was even a mechanical bull that I did!

After playing we went back to the house and took a breather.  We had spent pretty much all morning and most of the afternoon walking around and playing so we were pretty tired.  After resting for a little bit we headed to Los Planes de Renderos to have dinner.  Before we left I had given her the 6th rose and the corresponding paper.

We got to Los Planes and I had her wait outside the restaurant where we first ate out together.  I went in and made sure everything was ready.  A month prior to this weekend I went and let them know that I wanted to reserve a table and have some flowers and candles and have the mariachis sing songs for us.  When I walked in to check everything the flowers looked amazing and they had even been hand picked by the owner of the restaurant from her very own house!  Before eating though we both walked to the lookout point where you can see this really amazing view of San Salvador.

We talked about the first time we came here, what we both thought about that first night, what are hopes were at that time and what they are now, and we remembered other really amazing times that we had had together.  I asked her if she remembered what the pieces of paper said and after she told me I pulled out the last piece of paper that said, "I will love you for all of our days."  I then got on one knee and proposed.  She said yes and we both hugged and cried.

Afterwards we walked back to the restaurant and while we walked I told her there was one more rose that I had to give her.  We walked in and she saw the table and could not believe it.  There was a white table cover symbolizing purity and another one on top of it that was red symbolizing love.  We had our own waiter, were sung to by marachis, had the best table in the place, and after eating we were told that the owner wanted to meet us and we thanked her for the beautiful flower arrangement.

I would not have been able to do any of this though without the help of my fiance's amazing sister and our greatest supporter.  She was the one who helped find me a ring, drive me to Los Planes a few times to plan with the restaurant, and she did everything with lots of love.

I will never forget this weekend.  I am so thankful to have found someone so incredible and look forward to sharing myself with this woman.








No comments: